Tuesday, February 9, 2010

God's Plan for Love and Logic

I was at a bible study today at church. The study focuses on becoming a woman of purpose by developing my relationship with God. Love and Logic is definitely the tool I want to use to raise my children, but I started to realize today that I have forgotten the one who gave me the tool in the first place. Love and Logic is God's tool to help me raise my children.

Then I started to realize how Love and Logic really does allow my children to follow the plan God has for them. With Love and Logic, I am my child's consultant and guide. I should not be the one that barks orders and yells, "No!" all day. In fact, when I get angry with my daughter I'm making it all about me instead asking for God's help to remain empathetic.

By giving my child options, I am allowing her to chose the path best for her. Now I realize that right now, she may just be picking peanut butter and jelly over ham and cheese, but if she is able to make these decisions now she will be more prepared to make bigger decisions in the future. And, as a consultant, if I guide her to open her heart to Jesus and ask God to help her with her decisions, she will have a better chance of following the path intended for her.

1 comment:

chris peterson said...

You got it Sista...nail on the head! Love and Logic allows us to fulfill our greatest God given potential.