Friday, May 28, 2010

Love and Logic: Fixing the Problem

Today my husband invited my daughter outside for some daddy daughter time. He is helping her to develop a passion for cars by allowing her to clean his car with him.

After I watched the two of them work as a team to soap up the car, Lauren had the privilege of spraying the suds away with the hose. Her little brother accidently got in the line of fire. 

So the car was just about clean when Daddy saw Lauren rounding the car while singing a little song. She was putting her own finishing touches on the car by decorating it with sidewalk chalk, the whole way around. 

I could tell my husband wanted to lose it, but he calmly took her aside and explained why he did not want her to do that. He did it softly so I couldn't hear, only Lauren could. Then he asked, "How are we going to fix the problem Lauren?"  

Lauren picked up the sponge and started wiping. After a couple of feet she exclaimed, "I'm tired!"  

"Sorry honey, you'll need to finish the job, " my husband told her. 

My husband walked with her around the car as she "fixed the problem"

I was happy to see that my daughter didn't lose it and neither did my husband. A potentially big problem was fixed with no drama. 

No comments: